elitesound

Bassboss Team,
I would really appreciate your thoughts on the SRX728 vs the ZV28, I’m going to replace my current inventory with either the SSP218 but leaning towards the ZV28s. Just wondering what I can expect relating to real world performance. Continuous SPL is a major factor. 

Thank you and looking forward to the Kraken at NAMM!

Quote 0 0
Djonyx
elitesound wrote:

Bassboss Team,
I would really appreciate your thoughts on the SRX728 vs the ZV28, I’m going to replace my current inventory with either the SSP218 but leaning towards the ZV28s. Just wondering what I can expect relating to real world performance. Continuous SPL is a major factor. 

Thank you and looking forward to the Kraken at NAMM!

I use to have that same gear of yours, JBL SRX728 and recently used a pair of BASSBOSS ZV28. In comparison between the two is night and day. Those SRX728 have a decent output and I can get by on any event with proper amplification like the Crown I-tech or Marcotech anything below that model, it will not give me that hard hitting bass. 

Now with the BASSBOSS ZV28, these speakers are on another league, pretty much any of the BASSBOSS speakers. I did an event last November 2019 with the Groove radio and everyone was thrilled with the speakers performance. You will need less sub to bring in direct comparison with those JBL. The physical feeling with the music being reproduced is unbelievable with these subwoofers. Not trying to exaggerate but this is what I have experienced. Note that I don’t own the ZV28, it was a system provided to us for the event. Also the bass is much cleaner than the SRX. You can drive the speaker to the maximum and it will not fart like the JBL’s. Lol!

In conclusion, ZV28 will be a leap from what you have right now. But if you are doing live bands I’ll suggest to look into VS21 or the SSP218.
Quote 1 0
David Lee
The JBLs perform in a very bell curve style of output, with it's best (SPL) occurring in and around the 70Hz area. At the 45/50Hz point, the JBL will begin to lose volume as it heads towards 30Hz. The drop in SPL or dB in the 30Hz area is massive on the JBL. Today's music has plenty of content in the 30Hz area and the mass market subs are failing to deliver. The entire line of BASSBOSS subwoofers deliver a very even volume output across their stated spectrum, allowing for a much more accurate and fulfilling experience. You can expect full volume down to 30Hz, 25Hz, and 21Hz depending on the models and combinations (SSP, VS21, ZV28x2, respectively). From experience, all models of mention will deliver more SPL spectrum wide than the JBL at it peak frequency point and approximately 20dB more SPL at 30Hz.

Our ZV28 provides super low extension and has a wonderful smooth deep tonality.

The VS21, delivers super low extension as well, but adds in a tremendous kick/punch. The tonality of the VS21 is not quite as deep, but is is close in reach.
It is very amp draw friendly and portable, but nears the SPL of the ZV28 and SSP218 in the field.

The SSP218 is an all genre sub that offers plenty of low end end punch. It is a favorite among folks that gravitate towards double 18s for riders and traditionalists.

The SSP218 will edge out the VS21 in SPL, but the VS21 edges out the SSP218 in depth.

If you want to have all attributes with the least compromise the VS21 is what we’d suggest.
Quote 0 0
elitesound
Thank you all for your reply! Look forward to listening to all of these subwoofers this Thursday!
Quote 1 0