Paz4This
Hi I currently have 4 JBL VRX 918sp and 2 JBL SRX 828sp subs.  I would like to know what should replace these?  I'm looking to have killer bass and have enough for crowds  from 100 to 1000.  I play R&B, hip hop, latin, very little EDM.  I'm looking at the VS21's or SSP218 duals?  Thanks.

T.
Quote 0 0
David Lee
Three of our SSP118s would be comparable in performance to the all 6 of the JBLs.
The six JBLs would have a bit of an SPL advantage in and around 70Hz area. The SSPs would have the advantage in and around the 30Hz area.
The JBLs perform in a bell curve style of output, where as our subwoofer deliver a very even volume output across the spectrum, making for a much more accurate and fulfilling experience.

Knowing that the VS21s deliver perceivable and tangible performance gains over the SSP118s in terms of depth, impact/punch, and SPL, I would wager two VS21s would exceed the output of the six JBL in terms of SPL and go way deeper. 

Starting with two VS21s would a solid move, yielding improved sound, an amazing physical and audible experience, and equate to much less gear to tote around.
Growing the rig to four VS21s would be EPIC!
Quote 1 0
Paz4This
Thanks so much for the response.  I'd rather go with the VS21's.  One more question the VS21 won't need to go through my PA2 drive rack anymore like I currently use for my other speakers?  Just plug them in straight into my controller directly?  Thanks again.

DJ Tony.
Quote 0 0
rcrowder76
DJ Tony, you are correct.  There is no need to use any processor with these subs. The DSP is built into the amp.
Quote 2 0
David Lee
Correcto, patching the signal straight to the VS21 and/or any BASSBOSS speaker would be most ideal.  As a matter of fact, we usually recommend avoiding the use of a DriveRack on our Gear.  The included internal digital sound processing is designed to yield studio accuracy, event level SPLs, max performance, amazing fidelity, and of course safeguards to ensure years and years of unwavering reliability, which ultimate means not extra gear to lug around.  It is very liberating.

Cheers!
Quote 1 0
Paz4This

Great, I look forward to getting some subs soon.  Probably starting January to start transitioning over to BassBoss!!!!  Thanks for all your feedback and responses.  I appreciate it.  :-)

Tony.

Quote 0 0
David Lee
Our pleasure, and we look forward to welcoming you to the BASSBOSS Family! 🙂
Quote 1 0