Register Latest Topics

Author   Comment  
BASSBOSS Questions

Reply with quote  #1 
I see there are a bunch of different types of cables and power cords available and am not sure what I need. Can you give me some info on what's what?

thanks,

Hector Z
BASSBOSS Team

Reply with quote  #2 
XLR Cables carry the signal. These are used between the audio source and the amplifiers. It is a balanced signal wire which basically means that the audio will be stronger, cleaner, and have an overall better quality than an unbalanced connection.

The NL4 cable is used to get signal to the passive cabinets. This cable can run either directly from  the amplifier output to the passive cabinet, or from a cabinet which has been connected to a powered cabinet (daisy chain). It is a rubber jacketed, 4 strand cable with a locking connector.

The Neutrik Powercon cables supply the power to the cabinet. The color of the connector ends indicates the flow of electricity. The blue connector plugs into the cabinet from the power source, the white connector outputs the power (used to daisy chain cabinets together). These cables/connectors are capable of carrying both 120v and 230v power. They are also rubber jacketed and have locking connectors.

Thanks,
BASSBOSS Team
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.