gboi803
i currently have a ev etx18sp and looking into the bossbass sub because i play hiphop.  while the etx sounds great it wasn't the punch i expected.  maybe because i only have one but i really did expect more.  i wanted to know how does your sub compare the etx.  Also do yall have a youtube channel showing the actual comparison or just showing off the subs in action.  i think it will help people who have no way of listening in person but who are interested in you products because the only videos i see are crappy youtube cellphone videos.  thanks.
Quote 0 0
David Lee
Thanks for your question! Simply put, the DJ18S offers much more output, lower frequencies, and better sound than the EV.

It's difficult to do direct comparisons, due to the lack of in-depth specs on the EV. Here's where I found the specs: https://www.electrovoice.com/product.php?id=2596

The EV is rated as 1800 W on the EV website.Whether this is peak or RMS is not listed, which leads me to believe that it is a peak number. The DJ18S offers 2400 W RMS/continuous. Huge difference!

The EV ETX18SP is listed as 135 dB peak SPL. Continuous is not offered. The DJ18S offers maximum sustained output at 127 dB SPL, 1 meter, half-space (ground plane). This is a conservative estimation, as are all our specs. The DJ18S peak is calculated at 136 dB (which we offer only for comparison purposes).

The frequency range for the EV is not provided (!?!) The DJ18S is provides frequency response at ±3 dB of 27 – 100 Hz.

The specs on the EV site are so vague that they are essentially meaningless.

Simply put, the DJ18S will eat the ETX18SP for lunch, and have room left over for dessert. 😉

Thanks!
Quote 1 0
gboi803
Thanks for the reply...but do you think if two of the bassboss subs can for a school dance
Quote 0 0
David Lee
Each venue is different, so of course there are no simple answers to how much coverage will be provided for each venue. However, two BASSBOSS subs will significantly outperform the EVs.

We have customers who buy two single 18s and often find they only need both for larger events, and leave one at home for the smaller ones, or else they get too many noise complaints... [smile]
Quote 1 0